Sunday, September 28, 2014

KidZone Lesson: Sunday, September 14, 2014



This page lets you know what your child learned today in children’s church. Included are Words to Remember/Memory Verse from the Bible, a suggested activity to reinforce the lesson, and a short prayer.  Being involved and interacting with your child can be very rewarding for both of you.


PK-2nd
Today, your child learned what it means to be born again and have eternal life in Heaven. Your child also learned about Nicodemus, and that God wants us to come to Him with our questions. (Scripture used: John 3:1-15)


 
 "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life." John 3:36a NIV

Practice this verse several times with your child during the week. This will not only help your child to remember the verse, but also it will help to reinforce what he or she learned during class.

Suggested Parent/Child Activity:
Read the story about Nicodemus found in John 3:1-15 with your child. Nicodemus was full of curiosity. He had many questions and was not afraid to ask Jesus. Did Jesus answer his questions? (Yes.) Sometimes we forget that all we have to do is ask. Jesus wants to answer our questions. Sometimes we get the answer right away, but other times, we may need to wait. Ask your child if he or she has any questions to ask Jesus.

Examples:
  • ·  Where will my dog go when he dies?
  •     How do people eat in Heaven?
  •     Do you love every person on the earth?
  •     Will I be able to sit on your lap in Heaven?


Answer each question as Jesus would or you can have your child pray each question directly to God.

Daily Prayer:
Dear Lord, I am thankful that I am a child of God. I pray that You will give me boldness and courage to ask You questions. Let Jesus be in my heart so I can be born again and live throughout eternity with You. Amen.

3rd Grade and Up

The children are learning how they can be just like Jesus. Today's lesson was about how God loves them and how Jesus showed love while He was on earth. The children learned how important it is to show their love for God and how they can show Godly love to others. (Scripture used: 1 John 3:16, 4:7-12, I Corinthians 13:4-8a)




Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:1-2 NIV 


Several times this week, ask your child to say these verses from memory. Ask them what these verses say about love. 


Suggested Parent/Child Activity: Choose one or two family members or friends that you don't see very often. Perhaps persons who no longer live close by. Purchase greeting cards, or have your child make some of their own. Then have your child write words of encouragement, or kind words of love inside, and mail the cards this week.

Daily Prayer: Dear Lord, it is amazing how much You love me. I may never show the kind of love You do for me, but I want to try. I love You. Father, please give me the will to love others as I love myself, and not be selfish or unkind. Help me to show the kind of love that Jesus did while He was here on earth. Amen









No comments:

Post a Comment